Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Waiting....

Well, again we are waiting, and once again God has provided a great place to be while we wait. Last time it was women's retreat, which was scheduled almost a year prior. This time we are at a play we bought tickets for in August! I am so blown away by how things have worked out. We have been surrounded by friends and family starting with church Sunday, followed by a family birthday celebration, and then up to Puyallup to be with more family and friends for the play...it has been wonderful to be surrounded by family and not sitting at home wondering while I fold laundry.

The doctor actually called today...on his day off, from home...to talk about the results. I was watching a play so I had my phone off and missed his call. He said he would call again in the morning. So now I wonder what would make him call on his day off? It's either really good news or really bad news...praying for extraordinarily good news!!

Got the call from the Children's Hospital today too...our appointment is May 21st, I knew they were busy, but wow! I'm glad I pressed things or we would have been scheduled in June...we were scheduled in June, but as we were talking someone cancelled in May and it happened to be a new patient appointment, so we took it!

Aspen has had a little bit of a tough time being with cousins and having to eat her food...she wants to just not eat. I think she is a little bit embarassed. I just let it go and didn't say anything at lunch and afternoon snack, when everyone else who had eaten lunch was starving. I made her a big dinner...kiwi fruit, applesauce, fifteen bean soup, and jello. She ate it all and went back for more applesauce, I'm so glad! Up until today she has eaten all day long every day...I understand why animals who graze eat all day, it's just hard to get enough energy out of a bunch of vegetables to power a body (especially the size of a cow!).

3 comments:

Family Roots said...

Praying for extraordinary news! Enjoy your time in Puyallup.

AlekonaB said...

Hi i hope Aspen is doing good my family is praying for her and i hope she does good in the surgery tell her thanks for writing on my blog
Allison

AlekonaB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.