Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spa Day or Quiet Time in a Public Shower

We are in recovery from Friday. The waiting, and not knowing, and wondering what has happened inside Aspen while the clock has been ticking for a month is pretty much torture. But there is an army amassed around us for support!

My sister had me and the girls, my mom and a friend over on Saturday and we went swimming...my favorite! They have an indoor slide at their city pool, the girls had a marvelous time. I swam and sat in the hot tub and took as long as I wanted in the shower. Yes, it was a public shower with no door, but the girls were in the pool and no one asked me how long to microwave anything, no one opened the door to ask if their outfit looked nice, no one said hurry, mommy we're going to be late.

We went back to Sherrie's house and she had a little foot spa for the girls with foot fizzies, brushes and soaps and lotions and wrapped it all up with toe nail and fingernail painting....while I vegged out on home and garden television. (We don't have cable, so that was a treat!)

It was wonderfully relaxing and by the end of the day I was feeling like I was recovering from Friday. Bed time brought tears though, Aspen didn't want anyone to touch her, she is feeling a little violated from Friday...overly poked and prodded. She is my hugger, her love language is physical touch, and it surprised me that she of all people wouldn't want to be touched. It was probably really hard to sort out all these hospital people being nice, and saying they care and are sorry, and hurting her. I asked if we needed to make her a special tag for church that said, "Please ask before you hug me", but she thought it would be alright. Lots of things are alright in the morning if you can just put your brain to bed at night.

No comments: