Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Silly Advice

As usual, just when you think you can't take it any more, that things just can't get any worse...you get a break! Yesterday and today were my break...

Monday, on the tail of all of Aspen's stuff I had an appointment with an OB/GYN, which included a biopsy and a recommendation for a hysterectomy. It seems that things would have fallen out by now were they not so enlarged! I am doing some hormone therapy trying to keep things at bay until well after Aspen's surgery...although I have it on good authority that all I need is a little Preparation-H!!

My surgery will be through my c-section because things are so messy. Ken doesn't have the slightest idea of what he's in for since he was in Missouri at Drill Sergeant School when Aspen was born and missed the two weeks of bed rest.

So tomorrow I will take a deep breath and pick up the phone again and schedule an appointment for myself with the Urologist and call the hospital and see if I can get the billing for Aspen's CT scans all straightened out. I was advised to not call, just send them $2 a month (in pennies in a dirty sock) forever...I have wonderfully silly advisers who make me laugh till I cry. But it could be worth several hundred dollars to do some negotiation, so negotiate we will.

No comments: