Thursday, April 17, 2008

Primal Scream Therapy

Aspen's frustration with her diet really came to a peak Tuesday. We went to the grocery store, she didn't want to come in, she just wanted to wait in the car. I really needed her to come in and let me know what sounded good to her. She came in and was okay when we were on the bakery end of the store, but as we progressed down the aisles she got more and more frustrated with the things she couldn't eat rather than joining the scavenger hunt for what she could eat. By the time we were mid way she was just waiting at the ends of the aisles and not coming down them, she had her arms firmly crossed, her head down and the scowl painted on really well. We were almost to the end of the store, I was in an aisle and she was at the end and she just snapped and came running down the aisle screaming, waiving her hands in the air with her eyes wide and collapsed in sobs in my arms. We stood like that for a while, me holding a sobbing girl in the middle of the aisle. All I could tell her was that it was okay and that I loved her. It's not going to change any time soon.

Guess we all just need some primal scream therapy from time to time, I know I wish I could just stand in the yard and scream some days.

3 comments:

Family Roots said...

Bless her heart :(

I will be praying that tomorrow is a wonderful day filled with good news, and fun with the cousins for Aspen and Cierra.

Hidden Jewel said...

Poor thing. I can't imagine the weight of it on her shoulders.

Helen Ann said...

Tell her she's not alone...I found this blog because I just had a "primal scream meltdown" myself a bit ago and wondered if it was effective for other people...LOL! It sure felt good...But I did feel crazy for a a few seconds...Now I am better...Many prayers and blessings....