Thursday, May 22, 2008

May Crazies

I've been extremely neglectful of my blog due to wacky hormones and the crazy May schedule. It is my fondest desire that every club, sport and activity not hold an "end of the year" party, recital, potluck, gathering, open house, etc, etc. May is the most insane month there ever was! Complicate that with birthdays, Mother's Day, doctor appointments, end of the year testing for the girls and Memorial Day and it is really just one enormous marathon where we run from festivity to festivity on an almost daily basis.

So here is how things have been shaking out....

We celebrated Mother's Day at the mongolian grill because Aspen can eat there and it is relatively quiet compared to all the brunch places. It was fun, here's a picture (Ken's mom and family had already left so they aren't pictured, but here's part of the crowd) Left to right: William, Ken, Sherrie, Pop-pop, Mom, Aspen, Mike, Cierra, Me and Stephanie...it's the silly photo, they always turn out better than the serious photo!



Following Mother's Day I began mad planning for a surprise birthday party for Cierra. We told her we would have a party in June since Aspen was having surgery...but instead we surprised her on Friday with party at the putt-putt golf course. I'll post photos when I get them from Mom, we used her camera that day. It was hot, hot, hot and we had to make an emergency run for squirt guns as a matter of survival, but everyone had a great time!

Mixed in with all that we had the girls annual testing so the state can be sure we are homeschooling and not just having a great time (is there a difference really?)...I think it's silly. I had a doctor's appointment with the last honest doctor...he refunded my copay and told the receptionist not to bill my insurance after I spent 20 minutes in his office because he wants to refer me to someone else. Can you believe it, I've never gotten money back from a doctor even when I should have gotten a refund!! My hormone therapy is making me crazier than I normally am. Cierra is getting ready for her first Feis (pronounced fesh), it's an Irish Dance competition. We are preparing for a few more birthdays, finals week, Ken's graduation and Father's Day and then maybe we will collapse in a heap somewhere.

Here's the invite for Ken's Graduation...let us know if you'd like to attend so we can reserve seats for you. I know it's early, it's Sunday and it's Father's Day so we totally get it if nobody comes!!

No comments: