Sunday, May 25, 2008

Abundant Life

We are at the beach this weekend with lots of families celebrating our friend Bekka's 16th birthday. I got up early this morning and walked on the beach at low tide. I was amazed by the abundance of life. The rocks were alive with sea stars, urchins, anemoenes, mussels, giant barnacles, kelp and other sea flora. I haven't seen such rich abundance at this beach before, the rocks are completely carpeted, it's beautiful!

At a time in my life where people are constantly talking about global warming, the depletion of the earth's resources, impending lack of finances, and the constant wondering in the back of my mind about Aspen's health it was wonderful and reassuring to see such abundant life!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like God gave you a special gift on the beach. Isn't he great? I should have had you inhale for me, the beach at low tide is my very favorite smell. I'm curious how Aspen is doing with the "new" foods.

Still praying,
Sal

Anonymous said...

I am so very thankful that Aspen is doing well! Congratulations to Ken! Sincerely, Paul