Monday, March 24, 2008

Rejuvination & Relaxation & Sleep

Still at the beach...aah! We have to come home to reality tomorrow, I'm ready, the girls are anxious to see Grandma & Pop Pop who came home from Snow Birding early to see Aspen, and Ken has to go back to work on Wednesday.

Aspen keeps wearing these summer capri pants from last year and not her jeans. I finally asked why she isn't wearing her jeans. She said they are all too big and won't stay up. She was a little upset I hadn't noticed her hitching them up...we could have bought her a belt if I'd known. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but this is the day to day stuff that breaks my heart.

We are cooking at home mostly because it works for everyone. Yesterday we went out for lunch because you just can't spend a week at the beach and not go out for clam chowder. We checked the menu online before we left and there wasn't anything Aspen wanted to eat (as usual she could have salad, or salad). I took a chance and made her a fruit smoothie and we brought it along. The waitress was really nice and poured it into a restaurant glass for her and let her keep it. It made things a lot easier!

I slept all night for the first time last night!! It's been long enough that doctors and veganism are starting to feel normal, I'm not teary during the day when I am alone with my thoughts, I can talk to people about it without becoming an emotional mess...but I have been having nightmares about someone stalking Aspen. I never see them, but they are always there, waiting wherever we go...I toss and turn and wake up with my heart pounding feeling like I have to protect her and I can't. It was SO good to get a real night's sleep! I must finally be truly relaxed, so it must be time to come home.

3 comments:

Hidden Jewel said...

Remember that God loves Aspen more than even you do. But it is so hard as a parent when things are out of our control. I'm glad you got a good night's rest.

Anonymous said...

I finally got to check your blog and was glad to hear about the good news regarding her tests. I know you're anxious to have the test on Friday, we'll be praying for you all.

love you all
joy

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
I've been keepin' up with the blog, but I thought I would say "Hi"! It sounds like the beach was a nice retreat. Charlie has his first tee ball practice today and the forecast calls for rain/snow. Oh boy! Maybe you guys can come up for a game this Spring, it's pretty entertaining. It sounds like Aspen has a good excuse to go shoppin'! A girls gotta look good! Everyone give each other big squeezes from me!
Love you guys.